Fundraising Hints and Tools
How to fundraise effectively
- Ask, Ask, Ask! (If you don’t ask, people don’t know!)
- Remind them! People are busy and genuinely forget to sponsor, despite really intending to. They appreciate gentle reminders.
- Let them know about the cause and that all donations are tax deductible!
- Use social media. Set up a Facebook account/ use your existing one. You will then be able to:
- Link your sponsorship page to your Facebook page so that announcements are automatically made on your Facebook page when you receive a donation
- When your Facebook Friends make a donation they will automatically receive a message on their Facebook page
- Like Paceline on Facebook and you will then be able to quickly and easily “share” our updates with all of your Facebook friends and keep then up to date with one quick click!
- Regularly communicate with your social network and provide updates on your efforts to keep them engaged. A newsletter/newsemail is a good way to keep your friends, family and colleagues involved in what you are doing for charity. You could even use parts of The Weekly Paceliner as a starting point.
- Sections you can include:
- What I did this week ( training, etc.)
- Current fundraising total and fundraising target
- The link to your fundraising page
- Details of fundraising events
- Facts about Paceline
- Remember you are not only fundraising, you are also spreading awareness about Paceline.
- Forward to a friend! Make the most of viral marketing and ask supporters to forward your email and let others know about your efforts.
- Update your Page on a regular basis, this will allow your sponsors to go the distance with you. You can do this by changing your photo and editing your personal message on a weekly basis.
- Email signature – add the link of your fundraising page to your email signature so others can learn about your fundraising drive. (We’ve provided an example.)
- This year all registered riders have the opportunity to raise money towards theirpersonal sponsorship total through an item donated for auction at the Rhythm of the Night event. Contact us for more information about this opportunity.
- There is the opportunity to hold a dinner/ trivia night
- Organise an event at work (e.g. morning tea, film night, bbq)
- Be creative, hold a film night, afternoon tea, etc, etc. There’s so much that can be done and we are here to help if you need advice, etc.
We have prepared some tools to help you. Remember that they do all need to be personalised prior to use.
You can also save/ copy and use these image buttons:
Remember to link the Donate button to YOUR fundraising page!